Thursday, May 24, 2012

Life freaks me out a little bit how things fall into place and are such an appropriate part of the story line that it's almost like you're reading a novel that follows the perfect format. The intro, the problem, and the resolution with symbolism and foreshadowing. Sometimes it's like watch a movie too, when the perfect music comes in and sets the tone of the scene.

I am still dealing with my funk from time to time.

I have a lot of good days and some bad days just like everyone, but today was a bad one. It started out wonderfully as I went to breakfast with my girls and we ran some errands that went so well, and the girls were so well behaved. They took a nap and I became so tired and well, I was just tired. Tired and in a sour mood. I didn't want to do anything and couldn't wait for my husband to get home from work to relieve me and cook dinner and let me run away into my hole.

My wonderful husband took the girls to our community center to go swimming and gave me time for myself. I did what makes me happy and spent too much money on a Frappacino at Starbucks and wondered through a bookstore. I didn't know what I was looking for and wondered through each section just wasting time. I went to the bargain section just to browse and this orange book just caught my eye.

It was the perfect fit and the foreshadowing to my plot line.

When I picked it up this evening it was exactly what I needed to get back on my happy track and out of my nasty, sour attitude. The words were as if they were wrote just for me. It was like I was in my own novel about my life and this was the epiphany. If this was a movie a loud resolution music ballad would have began, and the damn clouds would have started to part. It's so nice how things come around and fall into place just the way it's supposed to.

The orange book was God Never Blinks by Regina Brett. It is about a woman that became an unwed mother at 21, an alcoholic, and a breast cancer survivor and the 50 lessons that life has taught her through all of her struggles and triumphs. If I wouldn't have know better, this woman wrote this book specifically for me on this specific day and the writer of my story had written a story line leading up to me being in the bookstore and finding my resolution of this book.

My favorite message from her book: You can either be miserable or happy; it takes the same effort. 

I have been reading more and more and cannot believe that I hadn't been doing it long before now. I have been missing out so much knowledge and have been closed to so many windows and doors until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails