Monday, January 9, 2012

Keeping the Girls Entertained

I struggle in the winter months. I long for the sun, fresh air, and spending days at the pool with my girls. This winter when I have days off and my husband is working and our littles aren't in preschool I try to find ways to keep them engaged and away from tv, which is hard. We are members of our local Children's museum and enjoy playing at the indoor play place at the mall, but those go-tos aren't an option lately because we are a one car family still since our truck is still being worked on. So we found what we could to occupy ourselves.



And created some 4 year old masterpeices:


And we played with Mellisa and Doug make a face stickers.


We also talked about diversity and how all people are made different with different skin colors and shaped features, it may have gone in one ear and out the other, but at least I tried and will keep trying to teach my girls tolerance and love for everyone.



And then we displayed them for daddy to see when he came home from work:


As much as I struggle with days like this I love them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails