Friday, May 27, 2011

What to blog about?

I'm at a lost for things to blog about and even just googled (my solution to everything) what to blog about. There were suggestions to discuss all the things that are in your purse, but that's a scary thought without cleaning it out first. Seriously, who knows what might be there? Another was to list 10 things that gets you out of bed in the morning. Everything that gets me out of bed in the morning is generic and predictable: my family, obligations to work, goals in life.

I work at a large metropolitan hospital in an Intensive Care Unit and have about a million things to say about that, but can't because of privacy reasons and all that stuff. I can say that today at work there were moments were I was literally running, and for a second, (maybe more than a second) that I felt like I was on an episode of ER or another one of those medical dramas where adrenaline pumps and organized chaos ensues. I always thought those were so fake, but I do have those moments from time to time.

It's pretty incredible to watch my colleagues save someone's life, and to play a small part in it, is pretty kick ass. There are of course the lives that cannot be saved and that part is never easy. It makes me aware of my blessings and to understand that each day here is a gift, not a given. I love my job, and I'm certain that this is where I'm supposed to be right now at this point in my life. The future though? As much as I try to plan every single aspect of my life down to the smallest thing, I really have no idea what will happen or where life is going to take me in the next year. I guess I try to plan so many things because it makes me feel like I'm in control, but the only real consistency in life is change.

I hope one thing that does not stay consistent is the weather we have been having around here. It has been raining and raining like we live in Ireland or Seattle or somewhere where it rains all the time. This Saturday our pool has it's big opening day (even though it was open last weekend) they have clowns and fireworks and all that fun. The forecast says that it's supposed to be 80 degrees and sunny so lets hope that it stays that way! If not, I may just get back in the car and drive the 12 hours back to Hilton Head, without complaint.

I'll end this on a Speaking of Hilton Head.... note, I have had intentions of printing out some of our photos. I'm really bad about keeping them hidden in their digital format, but there is something so neat about them when they are tangible. I'll be printing this one out for sure:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails