Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Light

Yesterday I went to a Managers Council meeting or something of the sorts at Cincinnati Children's, it was early in the morning and I was running late, shocker, I know. Since I was running late I didn't have my morning fuel which comes int he form of coffee. I sat numb through this meeting of all these high up managers dressed very nicely and speaking in dialogue full of acronyms that I didn't understand. I thought I was going to get nothing out of it as the meeting started and then, the person leading the meeting referenced the book, The One Thing You Need To Know. by Marcus Buckingham.

Suddenly I perked up. What is the one thing I need to know? 

I have to preface this by saying that I have had the nastiest attitude lately about pretty much everything. The semester is coming to an end and I have hit the proverbial wall, probably weeks ago if I want to be truthful. I threw my positive outlook and attitude out the window and have been whining about lots of things. I have even at times asked my husband if I could just give up and drop out and sit at home all day watching tv.

I was joking  (kind of haha) and he said no of course.

So what is that one thing? What is the one thing Marcus Buckingham thinks I need to know? It's:


Discover What You Don't Like Doing and Stop Doing It.

I love it. Isn't that exactly what we should be doing? Our lives are so short so why should we waste it doing things that we don't want to be? Is there anyone out there that would love to clean my house and I will do something for them in return that I love to do? Anyone? Anyone? I'm sure there is that one person out there and if it's you let me know. Until then, I'll be out doing what I like and the laundry will wait. 







1 comment:

  1. First let me say that I loved reading that you have been cranky and had a nasty attitude! I am glad to hear that you are very normal!! And..I am happy to hear that I am not the only person who can have a stinky attitude sometimes. I love it because when I get a stinky attitude I do feel a little ashamed. Sometimes I have no motivation for like a week at a time..ya, I make dinner and do the dishes and a couple other chores here and there..but that's about it. I will hang out on the couch way too much, or watch way too much TV, or let 10 loads of clean laundry pile up on my bedroom floor just waiting to be folded. Well, it's nice to see that we are all human after all and not the perfect super mom we are supposed to be! Ha Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails