Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Little Secret

I'm going to let you in on one of my deepest darkest secrets....

I do not like to write Thank You cards.

It's horrible, I know. It's not that I'm not grateful, because surely I am. I just think it's a silly concept. Don't people already know that I'm really grateful that people love my kid enough to come and celebrate the day she blessed our lives? I think they do. I mean that's why I put all the work I do into their parties, because it's my small way to show gratitude for these people being apart of my daughters' lives and loving them the way they all do, whatever the relation.


Do they not already know from the many sincere "thanks for comings" "thanks!" and "we hope you had a good time"s? I surely hope so.

Perhaps the thank you card is that last punch that lets the gift givers that you really really are thankful. haha or perhaps not, and they look at it for a split second and then throw it away.

If you are reading this and have ever gifted me  or my children anything, please know that I am very grateful, even if I didn't send a Thank You card. I'm even more grateful for the thought than they actual gift.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for this post.
    I do not do TY cards either. I have 2 kids and work full time. I am thankful for everything but do not have enough time in the day to sit there and write out cards. I agree, they only get thrown away.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails