Thursday, September 16, 2010

Top 7 Baby Items

It seems as though everyone around me is pregnant, and it's horrible (not them being pregnant... my next statement haha), but my first thought is thank goodness that I'm not. My pregnancy with Raigan I think scared me for life. haha It was more than worth it though to have my sweet babe!

Being that everyone is pregnant and I have been asked frequently lately what are must need items for babe, I'll post about my top 10  7 favorite baby items, since I'm a seasoned pro at this whole mom thing and all... haha no, I'm just a mama trying to do my best.

I am not being compensated by any of these companies, these are just my personal experiences and opinions. 

Here they are...

1. A Medela Breast Pump

I could not have survived the craziness of breastfeeding without this. A total blessing and the best baby item I purchased. Oh, and Medela has, hands down, the best customer service I have ever dealt with. My AC adapter broke after trying to use it to pump in my car when I didn't have the battery pack... bad idea, I know, but I called them and had a new one in my hands in a matter of days at no charge. I should really buy stock because I believe so much in their products and what they are doing for us mamas.

2. The Boppy Pillow

I had one of these for Riley and bought another one for Raigan. I can't say enough good things about these either! Raigan and I would snuggle up with one of these for feeding time, I would lay her swaddled in this right outside of the shower, use it for tummy time, and on and on and on.

3. The Maya Wrap

I kind of bought this on a whim when I was meeting with a lactation consultant, and I'm so glad I did. It's so comfortable, easier to just throw on than a Moby wrap, and Raigan loooooves it too. There are so many benefits to baby wear, but that's a whole 'nother topic.

4. Munchkin Dishwasher Basket

This is so nice and convenient to keep all those baby things in one place in the dishwasher! We have more than one of these, and I usually include this in baby shower gifts because I know how nice they are for new sleep deprived parents. Been there, done that.

5. Receiving blankets

I use receiving blanks for so many different things! Feedings, swaddling, a bib replacement if I don't have one, to lay down when changing my babe in a public restroom, a blanket, a cuddle toy, a cover to keep the sun out of her eyes, and again, on and on. You cannot have enough of these in my opinion.

6. A Bassinet


Riley and Raigan both slept in our room in a bassinet for their first few months of life. It's so easy to just have the babe right next to your bed for those middle of the night feedings, grab em, change em, feed em, swaddle them back, and stick them back right next to you. As soon as my babes would start to rustle around, I would hear them and wake. It's much easier to get a babe to latch when they are just starting to get hungry rather than screaming from the other room.

7. Bumbo

This is a baby item that we could have lived without, but is useful. It's made of a soft plastic material that supports a baby that is unable to sit alone. It's useful that a baby can sit up when you can't hold them so that they can see the world around them, and so they can strengthen their muscles so they learn to sit on their own. Which are a lot of the same good reasons to wear a baby as well.

I have been trying to finish this post with 3 more items, but I really can't come up with anything else that I would HAVE to have if I were to have another baby, but I would have to have these things.

I am excited for all the baby showers coming up! These items will definitely be on my gift lists.

What are your baby item must haves?

2 comments:

  1. great list! my baby must haves is definately the bassinet for having in the bedroom with you, a bouncy seat..do they still make those? and lots of onesies! ok, it's been too long, my brain cannot remember! but I know I used the bouncy seat a lot when I had to take a shower or cook dinner! they would kick their feet like crazy and have a nice little rocking motion going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome items for baby shower gifts! Thanks for the tips, they all look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails