Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm only 23!

Sometimes I seem to forget that I am only 23. I went out with my girlfriends Friday night because my friend Tracy graduated from the University of Cincinnati with her masters. I had so much fun and sometimes forget that  getting out of the house and doing things a "normal" 23 year old would be doing is good for me. It's hard being a mother, anyone with children know that it's the hardest, most rewarding job. I became a mother super young to some people, including myself. I knew it was all apart of His plan for me, but still, I have a ton of responsibility for a person in their early 20s. A mortgage, husband, two kids, etc. Sometimes it's nice to just go out and forget about all that, and just enjoy myself like I did before my babies. I think it makes me a better mother too, because I always feel recharged, refreshed, and ready to tackle whatever my kids throw at me, like you know.. pooping in the bathtub. haha

2 comments:

  1. How fun!! I became a Mom at 20 as well and never took time for myself. Now at 34 I'm just bitter...haha well not bitter but I sit around saying "If only I had enjoyed my 20's..."

    So go have fun! You deserve it =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does feel good to get out. I know I have to make myself go out with friends sometimes..usually I think I don't really want to go, but every time I do...I think...Oh my gosh!! this is so fun, I need to do this more often. It's like you do forget that you are an individual that has wants and needs too. Kids take up your every waking moment. I got married when I was 21, my hubby was 23. I was totally ready to have kids right then, but he was insistent that we wait a little and enjoy each other first. Well, we actually waited 6 years. I had my first child when I was 27 and my second when I was 31...so I did get to enjoy my 20's...but...I feel like my 30's were completely robbed of me! Like the whole 10 years was completely about being a mom and nothing else! Gosh that sounds terrible, and I don't mean for it to! Really! Of course, I love my kids to pieces and wouldn't change a thing. I loved raising them, but some times I felt like I was the only person in the world...all by myself, at home raising kids, while my husband worked two jobs. Ok, geez, sorry this is such a long comment!! I guess i was just relating to your story and wanted to tell you you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails